Cookies may be used on this site.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. WINNERS MUST BE U.S. RESIDENTS AGE 18 OR OLDER.
1. Eligibility: Entry for the sweepstakes is only for those age 18 or older by the day of entry. No family members of Marji Laine are qualified to win. The sweepstakes is open only to U.S. residents and subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Entry: The sweepstakes can only be entered by subscribing to Marji Laine's newsletter. Those participating in the sweepstakes agree to be bound by these rules and represent that they meet all eligibility requirements set within. In addition, they agree to accept the decisions as final and binding.
3. Time Period: Each winner will be chosen from among all newsletter subscribers no later than the 5th day of a sweepstakes month. Winners will be emailed (via monthly newsletter) at that time and will have three days to reply. Another winner may or may not be chosen at that time since another newsletter will not be sent. The odds of winning depend on the total number of newsletter suscribers at the time of the random drawing.
4. Prizes: As sponsor of the giveaways, Marji Laine is not responsible for holding a sweepstakes every month, but for those in which she does, winners will receive the prize or prizes indicated on the sweepstakes page of Marji Laine's website. Prizes are determined by the sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at sponsor's discretion. Prizes are nontransferable and all expenses related to them, such as but not exclusively, all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. Winners: Each winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the sponsor and will be contacted via e-mail. Winners will have three (3) days to reply with delivery information. Marji Laine is not responsible for winners checking or failing to check their email in time to claim their prizes, nor for diversion of the email to spam or junk email folders or other security settings. Nor is the sponsor responsible for incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
6. Terms: The sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the sweepstake at any time. Further, should human intervention, computer virus, fraud or anything else corrupt or affect the security or administration, the sponsor has the right to terminate the sweepstakes immediately. By entering the sweepstakes, subscribers agree to receive monthly e-mailed newsletters from author Marji Laine. Subscribers may opt out of receiving these communication by clicking the unsubscrib link. Doing so will also remove entry from any future sweepstakes.
7. Limitation of Liability: By entering subscribers agree to release and hold harmless Marji Laine and all persons connected with her business for liability, mail loss, illness, injury, death, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from participation in the swwepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize.
8. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participation in this sweepstakes, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannont be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damges, including reasonable attorney's fees, other than participants actual out-of-pocket expenses, and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.